CAREERS AT TSMGI
ABOUT THE COMPANY
TSMGI (The Specialized Marketing Group, Inc.) is a privately held global promotional products, sports and event marketing agency with a roster of Fortune 500 companies. TSMGI believes in collaboration and continuous improvement while embracing the core values of communication, trust, honesty, integrity, passion, innovation, and knowledge. TSMGI has been recognized by Chief Marketer / Promo Magazine as an industry “Top Shop” every year since 2008. Headquartered in the northern suburbs of Chicago, TSMGI also has offices in Milwaukee and Charlotte.
About the Business
TSMGI operates 3 distinct divisions that work together to deliver creative, innovative and exciting brand-enhancing programs:
Promotional Products Marketing — owns and operates branded merchandise programs across the globe including sourcing, design, warehousing, e-commerce, fulfillment and retail staffing.
Event Marketing — TSMGI offers a wide range of event marketing services, creating unique designs and measurable experiences for each event to deliver positive results.
Sports Marketing — manages brand strategy and activation for creating sponsorships and events within motorsports, college football, professional basketball, global soccer, endurance sports, and celebrity and talent management.
TSMGI provides an exceptional level of client service and quality control, treating a client’s business as if it were their own business.
TSMGI offers competitive benefits including health care, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings plan, and a friendly, positive and fun work environment.
Current open positions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE — SPORTS & EVENT MARKETING
Location: Deerfield, IL Department: Sports & Event Marketing Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid Level
TSMGI (The Specialized Marketing Group, Inc.) is a sports, event and promotional marketing company specializing in brand-enhancing programs that embrace creativity, innovation and excitement. TSMGI combines the personalized attention and passion of a small business with the cutting-edge capabilities of a larger one. Founded in 2000, TSMGI client list includes a variety of Fortune 500 companies. TSMGI has been recognized by Chief Marketer magazine's "Top 200 Agencies" list each year since 2008. Headquartered in the northern suburbs of Chicago, IL; TSMGI also has offices in Milwaukee, WI, Lexington, KY and Charlotte, NC. For additional information on TSMGI, go to: www.tsmgi.com.
The Account Executive – Sports & Event Marketing is responsible for all aspects of planning, communicating and executing assigned client's sports marketing programs and special events. This position requires a high degree of organization, attention to detail, excellent communication, fiscal responsibility and the ability to transfer the client's brand and business strategies into effective sports and event marketing programming. Primary responsibilities include relationship and program management between TSMGI's client and their official sponsored properties, as well as activation and execution of specified marketing programs.
- Performs the day-to-day activities for specifically assigned sports and event marketing programs to ensure client services are delivered as promised and within approved budgets
- Develops close, collaborative working relationship with client's sponsored sports properties
- Develops close, collaborative working relationship with the client, and all of their internal and external work-partners
- Ability to translate client's business, marketing and brand strategies into effective sports programming
- Strong understanding of sports and event brand activation concepts
- Develops clear communications materials (proposals, POVs, concepts, analysis, e-newsletter, etc)
- Identifies vendors, negotiates pricing and manages execution to ensure on-time and on-budget
- Prepares comprehensive program status and budget reports for client review
- Provides detailed post-program analysis, reports and recommendations
- Facilitate cross-functional team engagement (Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, HR, Legal, etc)
- Travels periodically to event locations to host clients and their customers
- Understands program budgets and opportunities for cost savings whenever possible
- Oversees related client hospitality and ticket fulfillment
- Updates team leader frequently regarding program status, while proactively maintaining consistent and continual communication with department
- Assists with other programs as needed and time allows
- Attention to detail
- Resourceful problem solver
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently
- 5+ years experience in sports or event marketing
- Experience with meeting planning tools
- Web-based, digital, social media, etc.
- Previous agency or corporate experience is highly valued
- Bachelors degree in relevant disciplines is valued
- Strong computer software skills (Mac OS & Microsoft Office suite, etc.), and hardware familiarity (Mac, PC, tablet, mobile devices, kiosks, etc.)
- Models the values to which TSMGI is committed (honesty, integrity, friendly, engaging, service oriented mindset, etc)